Liposuction is a plastic surgery method of eliminating the excess body fat using suction. Previously people thought that having fat was healthy, but these days’ people have started understanding the importance of a healthy living. Fat in these accessible areas is loosened and removed by suction. Fat is basically collected in the areas of the torso, flanks, abdomen, arms, thighs, buttocks and even under the chin. This method gives best results to those individuals who are healthy, have an average weight but excess fat in these areas. Liposuction is not an alternative for exercising, or maintaining a diet.
This method is quite safe and also doesn’t involve that many risks and complications. The traditional liposuction procedures involve more risk compared to the new methods. Nowadays, the body is sculpted just by using a local anesthetic. This process involves small tubes, which are connected through a pump and are inserted through incisions in the skin. The process of liposuction permanently removes the fat cells from any individual’s body. But it is essential to know that after this procedure, if you do not live a healthy lifestyle, the fat cells which are still remaining can grow to an even bigger size. The pain from such a surgery lasts about ten days, but full recovery is complete only after 3 months. To ensure that you experience a quick recovery process, it is essential to follow some tips:
• The process of liposuction will bring a lot of weakness in you. Hence it is suggested that you walk slowly, use something to hold on to while you stand up, and give yourself time to stand up properly otherwise chances are that you may faint because of weakness.
• Alcohol is believed to slow down the defense mechanism in anybody. Its consumption would result in a very slow healing process. Hence it is essential to stay away from alcohol during the whole recovery process. Instead of alcohol, a lot of water should be consumed.
• Resting is important after this procedure, but what is also very important is walking around a little, or little physical exercise. This will help to reduce the swelling to a great amount and also prevent the formation of any blood clots.
• Let the doctor treat you. Do not apply ice packs or use your methods on the treated areas. The doctor knows best what to do on those areas so it’s better you stay away from applying your own methods for treatment.
• Avoid using any harsh cleaning substances so that the threat of infection is completely erased out.
• You should restrain yourself from any water sport activities or even swimming.
• Cotton comfortable fit clothing material is recommended as compared to tight fitting clothes.
These few tips are enough to make you healthy and fine after the liposuction procedure. But also, do not forget to follow up with your doctor and keep visiting him for regular checkups. Then, you are definitely good to go!